French & Parrello Associates invites you to browse our current list of career opportunities. The corporate managers have adopted the mantra, “What can French & Parrello do to help you achieve your career goals?” And we are excited to hear how you are interested in enhancing your career! Although FPA is a diverse workplace, with a plethora of specialty areas, we are always looking to grow; and we welcome the opportunity to discuss how your enthusiasm, skills and goals can integrate into our organization. Please take a moment to visit our Campus Life Page to learn more about what it means to be a part of French & Parrello!
The current available positions are listed below. Click the plus sign (+) for additional information about the positions.
French & Parrello Associates is seeking a field surveyor to work as Crew Chief out of their Wall Twp., NJ office. Applicant must be responsible, highly motivated, and a detail oriented individual. Applicant must be able to work in a team environment as a key member of a progressive engineering and surveying firm. Applicant will be responsible for performing of Boundary, ALTA, Topographic, As-Built and Design Surveys, Construction Staking and Utility Location and some 3-D Scanning utilizing the latest equipment and surveying technology. Applicant must be able to work independently and make judgments on survey related issues, without direct supervision. Experience with Leica and Trimble Surveying Equipment is a plus.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordination of survey for grading, drainage, utilities, and layout of various site items.
- Daily uploading and downloading of data collectors.
- Daily care and charging of instrumentation.
- Be able to work in a One Man or Two Man crew
- Perform various surveying tasks, such as collecting data, recording survey field notes, operating survey.
- Perform construction staking and associated field calculations, related grade staking, structure staking, House/Building Stakeout.
- Perform Drainage, Sanitary, Curb Stakeout.
- Perform quality control and quality assurance procedures on data collected.
- Perform routine survey-related calculations using coordinate geometry software to solve for angles and distances for location of property corners and other related field points.
- Operate Leica and Trimble survey equipment such as Robotic Total Stations, Global Positioning System (GPS) receivers, and Survey Controllers.
- Accurately Record survey field notes and sketches in the field book.
- Be responsible for supervision of the survey field crew, including assigning work, meeting completion dates and budgets and ensuring consistent application of firm operating standards and safety practices.
- Be Responsible for work outcomes and results.
Required Experience – Education & Skills
- 8+ years of experience in survey field operations.
- 5+ years of experience as a Crew Chief,
- Experience with Survey Controllers, Leica and Trimble Robotic and GPS.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to pass a driving record check.
- Must be dependable.
- Must be physically able to work outdoors and on construction sites under all weather conditions.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- CAD Experience is a bonus and will be considered
We offer a great benefits package that includes medical, vision, dental and life insurance. Come join our team of professionals that are leading the way for the surveying industry! Salary for the successful candidate will be based on experience and qualifications.
French & Parrello Associates is seeking a Project Manager to work out of their Camden, NJ office. The Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of project design and implementation, including coordination and discipline integration of design packages from start to finish, tendering, contract negotiation, construction review and contract administration for telecommunications projects.
This job description is not all inclusive of all duties. Other duties may be assigned. Minimum 5 years’ experience in managing all aspects of large scale multi-discipline telecommunications engineering projects and a background in Civil/Site Engineering, Structural Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, and/or experience in the Telecommunications Industry.
- Manage all phases of design projects including scope of work, contractor/subcontractor selection, internal/external kick off, technical requirements, budgets, costs and project scheduling to ensure work is completed to the client’s requirements and on time, within budget.
- Work with project design leads in defining, estimating and negotiating project change orders.
- Prepare budgets and cost estimates for site development, while monitoring project costs and controls to ensure that projects stay within budget.
- Process project invoices and ensure invoices are paid promptly.
- Contract administration.
- Advise clients and management of any project delays or budget changes and provide resolutions or alternate actions as required.
- Ensure Quality Policy is followed.
- Lead multiple types of projects including C-RAN, Small Cell, DAS, and Macro sites.
- Must be willing to go into the field.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, RAM Elements, OCalc and tnx Tower a Plus.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with a strong track record of achieving goals and objectives within tight time frames.
- Experience with project management and scheduling software and other tools for tracking, reporting and analyzing progress.
- Ability to motivate and lead a team of multi-discipline professionals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with site owners, design professionals, contractors and municipal authorities.
- PMP Certification a plus.
French & Parrello Associates is seeking a Project Manager for the Electrical Department to work in our Wall, NJ office The Project Manager must have a strong and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields. Makes decisions independently, represents the organization and interact and with clients, and plan and coordinate work.
- Accept challenges and seek positive solutions to satisfy client’s needs.
- Strong building design engineering background in all phases of design and construction including sustainable design practices. Experience with other building systems (HVAC, Plumping and Fire Protection) is a plus.
- Experienced with industry Electrical and Building codes and Standards, including: National Electrical NEC, NFPA, International Building Code IBC and LEED requirements and standards.
- Proposals and Technical report writing.
- Ability to meet fast-paced deadlines while maintaining quality design
- Sincere commitment in learning new skills and accepting new responsibilities.
- Perform detailed electrical calculations: load calculations, voltage drop, and short circuit study & underground duct calculations.
- Experienced with Fire Alarm system design, Lighting design, Lighting Control and Security System Requirements.
- Supervise electrical designers and performed QA/QC analysis for construction document.
- Coordinate project tasks with other Engineers, Architects to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and customer requirements.
- Perform field survey to document the existing conditions for electrical and fire alarm systems.
- Provide construction cost estimate and develop project schedule for projects all areas of electrical distribution and low voltage systems.
- Inspect completed MEP installations to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with American and international design standards.
- Provide construction administration to various project types and sizes.
- Proficient and accurate in all areas of AutoCAD.
- Knowledge/Proficiency in Revit and BIM.
- Supervises, coordinates, and reviews the work of a small staff of engineers
- Estimates workforce needs and schedules and assigns work to meet completion date.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 8 years related experience. PE license (a plus, but not required).
The Project Engineer will perform all aspects of site design within the scope of engineering telecommunications projects. The ability to travel to sites in the tri-state area is a must. You must have 2 to 5 years’ experience with a background in Civil/Site Engineering, Structural Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, and/or experience in the Telecommunications Industry. Willingness to go into the field is a must. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, RAM Elements, OCalc, and tnx Tower a Plus.
- Perform all aspects of site design associated with engineering telecommunications projects.
- Work with teams to prepare engineering reports and details on existing and proposed facilities including towers, water tanks, rooftops, billboards and other supporting structures using applicable building and design codes.
- Work within a team-oriented environment to successfully complete projects within established budgets and deadlines.
- Conduct site visits to gather existing conditions data.
- Coordinate with in-house professionals and sub consultants to complete all aspects of site design.
- Work with numerous project teams to help in project completion.
- Track the progress of multiple ongoing projects.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Specific experience with telecommunications projects or clients is a plus.
- Must have experience using structural software like RISA, STAAD, PLS, etc.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Clean driving record with valid driver’s license
This job description is not all inclusive of all duties. Other duties may be assigned.
If you are interested in employment at FPA, but you do not specifically qualify for one of these opportunities, please do not hesitate to forward your resume to staffing@FPAengineers.com.
FPA is looking for students wishing to gain real world experience as they pursue their academic degrees. Intern positions may be specific to one discipline of engineering or may involve a broad range of assignments depending on the need at the time. Many of our interns return as full time employees after graduation. If you are interested in an intern position, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.